Friday, October 28, 2011

Bursting the Bubble

Thursday, 11:33 pm.

I've just munched, sparingly, on a few cheetos puffs. Yes, cheetos for dinner.

Why, you ask?

Because I didn't get home until 11:00 pm and I, even with a growling belly, resisted the temptation to 'swing thru the drive-thru' (if you know me, you know how I feel about whole foods vs processed foods) for a dinner on the way home...

I (same person, same ideals as mentioned above) just didn't anticipate a bag of processed cheesy puffs to be sitting on the kitchen counter when I walked in the door (evidence of a daddy-on-duty dinner of cheetos, toasted turkey & cheese sandwiches, and tomato soup).

But why was I out so late, you ask?

Because after a day spent on Girl Scout prep AND a 2 hour Girl Scout meeting, I had to attend a 3 hour Girl Scout TRAINING...

Yes, it is an all-consuming activity. Or, rather, I turn it into an all-consuming activity. I put thought and intentional effort into leading my 10 little Daisies (K-1st), 6 Brownies (2nd), and 1 sibling. (More on that pursuit, later, when I'm not so eager to get out of the corderoys I've -tragically- gained too much weight to wear while sitting yoga-style and which are no longer comfortable to wear while I lengthen this already very lengthy monologue...)

Hey, need I refer you back to title of my Blog? "...My Monologues AND Imperfections." Yes, I'm likely to ramble. And yes, I've gained more weight than I'd like to acknowledge. Funny thing about procrastination. Either it hits you with guilt. Or in how you are built. Need I go on?  (More on that, later, too... < refer to above rant >.)

Ok, back to the subject... Go back 2 paragraphs... And now, continue:

BUT, tomorrow, oh tomorrow... you're all mine.

Well, after Saint Roger comes home from work.
And, well, after the girls come home from school.
And, ok, after I get the girls dressed in their costumes so they're ready for the school Carnival.

THEN, then you are all mine.

Well, what's left of you, anyway.
Which means, what... ?
3 hours?

I guess that's not such an impressive declaration (see previous 'There's a First Time for Everything' post) after all,  now is it? 

But that is pretty much how to sum up my life as a M-O-M.

ps: Just add sleepless nights and 3 kids + white carpets to that mix.. now that will burst anyone's bubble in no-time-flat. (Did I hear anyone else say 'Amen'...?)

pps: Seriously, though, if you're 'hearing me' right now... wanna go get some Thai food? (*wink*)

No comments:

Post a Comment